- Appointment as Director of Mrs Béatrice Guillaume-Grabisch and Mrs Eileen Naughton
- Renewal of the tenure as Director of Mr Jean-Pierre Meyers, MrJean-Victor Meyers and Mr Bernard Kasriel
- Approval of a dividend of €3.10 per share up by +14.8%
- Wide approval of all the resolutions submitted to the Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of L'Oréal shareholders was held in Paris, on Wednesday, April 20, 2016, under the chairmanship of Mr Jean-Paul Agon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
The Annual General Meeting in particular:
- approved the parent company financial statements and the consolidated financial statements for 2015;
- decided on the distribution of a dividend of €3.10 per share. This dividend is increased to €3.41 for shares that have been continuously registered for at least 2 years. Dividend payment date: Tuesday, May 3, 2016;
- appointed two new Directors, Mrs Béatrice Guillaume-Grabisch and Mrs Eileen Naughton for a four-year term, bringing thus the percentage of women on the Board to 46%;
- renewed the tenure as Directors of Mr Jean-Pierre Meyers, Mr Jean-Victor Meyers and Mr Bernard Kasriel, for a four-year term.
The Board of Directors' meeting, held at the close of the Annual General Meeting, decided, pursuant to the authorisation voted by the Annual General Meeting on April 20, 2016, on the cancellation of 3,202,500 shares acquired within the scope of the share buyback programme decided by the Board of Directors on February 11, 2016.
The results of the votes are available on the www.loreal-finance.com website. A summary of the AGM will be provided in the next L'Oréal "Letter to Shareholders", available on request and on the www.loreal-finance.com website.
"This news release does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy L'Oréal shares. If you wish to obtain more comprehensive information about L'Oréal, please refer to the public documents registered in France with the Autorité des Marchés Financiers, also available in English on our Internet site www.loreal-finance.comThis news release may contain some forward-looking statements. Although the Company considers that these statements are based on reasonable hypotheses at the date of publication of this release, they are by their nature subject to risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated or projected in these statements."
Contacts at L'Oréal
Individual shareholders and market authorities
Mr Jean Régis CAROF
Tel.: +33 1 47 56 83 02
Financial analysts and institutional investors
Mrs Françoise LAUVIN
Tel.: +33 1 47 56 86 82
Mrs Stephanie CARSON-PARKER
Tel.: +33 1 47 56 76 71
Tel.: +33 1 47 56 70 00