To ensure its development, L’Oréal relies on global Research and Innovation, a unique portfolio of brands organized by distribution channel, and integrated industrial production.
Bâtiment CES ©Hervé Abbadie
RESEARCH IN L’ORÉAL’S GENETICS
L’Oréal has always made major investments in research and puts cosmetic innovation at the very center of its model for growth. With over 130 molecules developed over the past 40 years, the group is exceptional in its ability to patent major active ingredients well in advance of competitors. L’Oréal has organized its Research and Innovation around six regional platforms (Europe, United States, Japan, China, Brazil, India). In each major region of the world, these poles integrate the activities of research, "development expertise" and "market fundamentals". Their mission is also to understand the habits, needs and criteria for preferences of local populations where beauty is concerned. Thanks to this interaction between research and marketing, L’Oréal is able to offer cosmetic products that are adapted to different skin types, hair types and cultures.
A RICH AND DIVERSIFIED BRAND PORTFOLIO
© View Stock / Getty Images
L’Oréal is richly endowed with a portfolio of international brands that is unique in the world and that covers all the lines of cosmetics: hair care, coloring, skin care, make-up and perfume. Very complementary, these brands are managed within the group by divisions that each have expertise in their own distribution channel. This organization is one of L’Oréal's major strengths. It makes it possible to respond to the every consumer's expectations according to his or her habits and lifestyle but also to adapt to local distribution conditions, anywhere in the world.
- The Consumer Products Division offers the best in cosmetics innovation to the greatest number of people on every continent. Its brands are available in mass-market channels (hypermarkets, supermarkets, drugstores and traditional stores). The division is the spearhead of the group’s quest to win over a further billion consumers. L’Oréal Paris - Garnier - Maybelline New York - Softsheen-Carson - Essie - MG - NYX
- L'Oréal Luxe offers both men and women throughout the world an array of prestigious and modern international brands with a unique heritage. The brands of L’Oréal Luxe strive to promote the different specialities of luxury beauty: skincare, make-up and fragrances.
They also set out to offer high-quality products through a selective distribution channel, and provide excellent service that respects the diversity of its consumers. Lancôme - Giorgio Armani - Kiehl’s - Yves Saint Laurent - Biotherm - Ralph Lauren - Urban Decay - Clarisonic - Shu Uemura - Viktor & Rolf - Diesel - Cacharel - Helena Rubinstein - Yue Sai - Guy Laroche - Paloma Picasso - Maison Martin Margiela
- Thanks to first-class education and the most advanced innovations in haircare products and services, the Professional Products Division makes sure that with each passing day more and more people can take advantage of the highest standards of quality and expertise from beauty salon professionals all over the world. L’Oréal Professional Products - Kérastase - Redken - Matrix - Pureology - Decleor - Shu Uemura Art of Hair - Mizani - Essie - Carita
- The Active Cosmetics Division's mission is to help everyone improve the quality and health of their skin, whether they are affected by sensitive skin or dermatological conditions, in all health care channels worldwide: pharmacies, beauty and health retailers, drugstores and medi-spas. Thanks to its highly complementary brands, and its close links with health professionals, dermatologists, paediatricians and doctors practising aesthetic medicine, the division is world number one in dermocosmetics(1).
(1) Source: Panels and L’Oréal 2013 estimates. Vichy - La Roche Posay - SkinCeuticals - Roger&Gallet - Sanoflore
THE GUARANTEE OF QUALITY PRODUCTS
The Operations Division harnesses the most advanced, agile, effective and connected technological expertise, from packaging design and product development, sourcing and production through to distribution of all the Group’s products, in order to enable the brands to offer consumers worldwide the very latest cosmetic solutions.
Assuming its fundamental responsibilities, the Operations Division guarantees consumers compliance with strict standards of quality, safety, security and societal and environmental responsibility all over the world.